Naias Labs has a number of powerful fractographic and metallographic tools at its disposal for examination of metal parts & components, ranging from stereomicroscopy to Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM). These tools allow assessment of surface features, accurate identification of failure modes, material microstructure, and corrosion features. Fractographic and metallographic analysis play an important part in quality control and cause of failure analysis.
The services are addressed to ship operators and shipping industry.
Damaged cargoes, failed engine components and cargo gear are typical examples of cases undertaken on behalf of insurance companies P&I clubs and ship-owners.
List of available Fractographic & Metallographic services:
i. Preparation of examination specimens
- Sample cutting, grinding and polishing of specimens for examination purposes.
ii. Metallurgical Services
- SPARK Chemical Analysis
- Fracture Analysis using Optical and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
- Micro-Analysis with EDAX (Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy)
- Hardness with Micro Hardness tester
iii. Metallurgical Expert Services (Examination/Consulting/Evaluation)
- Metallographic Examination
- Failure Analysis / Corrosion Evaluation / Cause of Damage Investigation
iv. Report Preparation
- Metallographic Analysis Report in hardcopy and electronic format in English.
- Expert Opinion